Los Angeles Workshop
April 3rd. and April 4th. 2018
To pay your retainer and save a seat in the workshop, click the Pay Now button below.
To pay your balance to finalize your position in the workshop, click the Pay Now button below.
About The 2-day Intensive Workshop
The workshop is designed to be taught in 2 days in order to maximize one’s attention and focus on the topic and art of posing.
This is truly an intensive workshops based on Roberto's Picture Perfect Posing System (P3S) that is easy to follow. The workshop will challenge you and push you to take you out of your comfort zone and thus create results. Roberto will only except 20 students in order to pay close attention to each attendee. To really maximize your learning and absorption of the material, it is important to have the book Picture Perfect Posing read from cover to cover before the workshop begins. There will be challenge based photo shoots each day where professional models will be provided. After the welcome dinner the night before the workshop starts, each day will begin at 9:30 am and end around 5:30 pm or 6:00 pm. The photo shoot on the ﬁrst day will be catered to address student’s weaknesses as well as how to get the best out of any location. The second day’s photo shoot will be aimed at getting deep into how to ﬁnesse and create natural beautiful and ﬂawless looking poses. After the second day of the workshop, we all get together to celebrate the completion of the class over drinks and dinner.
Tuition, Payments, and Cancellations
The tuition of the workshop is $1,500 USD per student. Because this workshop will be held at Roberto Valenzuela's studio in LA, there is no travel expenses incurred, therefore Roberto will pass on these travel savings on to you. The LA workshops are $1,250 instead of $1,500. 20 students max will be
allowed. To reserve your seat, a 30% deposit ($375) must be made and the balance of
($875) will be due 30 days prior to the workshop. The full tuition is refundable if a student has the need to cancel within 30 days of the workshop start date. After that, we refund the balance of $875, but not the deposit of $375. In the case of an unforeseen circumstance, less than 8 students sign up within 30 before the workshop, or an act of God, Roberto
Valenzuela has the right to cancel the workshop. In case of a cancellation by Roberto,
a full refund will be issued to each student. All students are responsible for their
equipment, travel, food and accommodations.
Workshop Satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed
Roberto Valenzuela will refund you the entire amount of his workshop if you feel you did not learn what is said in the workshop description or you are not satisfied with the material taught. Roberto Valenzuela wants you to feel comfortable with your educational investment and if you feel the workshop was not worth your time, you will get 100% of your money back. Note that requests for a refund need to be done within two days after the workshop.
TBA You will receive an email as soon as the location is confirmed.
Posing and Creative Topics
First and foremost, this workshop was primarily designed by Roberto Valenzuela to teach and help photographers master posing using his Picture Perfect Posing System (P3S). Besides this objective, others topics that will be discussed are:
- Student photo review session by Roberto Valenzuela
- Posing master class based on Roberto Valenzuela's Picture Perfect Posing System (P3S).
- Go over how to best use natural light, flashes, and strobes based on the pose and the location
- How to read and harness a locations photographic potential based o the desired pose.
- Understanding how to pre-visualize the shot before you push that shutter button.
- Pushing yourself creatively. (framing, sculpting light, video lights, and reﬂectors)
- Posing both men and women with intent. Posing is not a set of rules, it is a set of decisions you make.
- Shaping different face types with light
- Hide what you don’t want to show
- Why and when to chose certain lenses and understanding angles
- Anatomy of the beauty shot
- Standing shots, sitting shots, and laying down shots
- How to achieve natural and believable expressions
- Positioning hands, legs, and spine
- Understanding posture
- Groom portraits with style
- Strategies for photographing groups in a way that everyone looks their very best
- Posing men
- Separating yourself by creating gorgeous bride and groom portraits
- Identifying posing problems and creating solutions
- Deliberate practice techniques and how to practice posing at home